We’ve been working with state and federal governments since 2011, and have a great understanding of the unique challenges and goals facing agencies today.
You’re working on a project with the potential to benefit thousands, or even millions of people. But even the best initiatives and policies need clear communication in order to have maximum impact.
And that’s where data visualisation comes in. It’s the art and science of transforming information into images, maps, charts and apps that people can’t ignore – and anyone can understand.
Here at Small Multiples, we’ve helped numerous government agencies and departments to get their message across with data visualisation. We’ve
- Democratised data science for Transport For Victoria
- Mapped key infrastructure all over the country for Infrastructure Australia
- Charted vocational trends for the Department of Industry
- and many other projects.
We believe data visualisation has the power to make our society better, by:
- Bridging the gap between the government and taxpayers
- Encouraging citizens to have their say and get involved
- Countering bias with accurate, reliable facts
- Promoting clear communication
- Providing perceptive insights about the past and the present
- Enabling informed, intelligent planning for the future
Getting through to the people you serve
If you work for the government, the following scenario is probably familiar. You and your team are working on a brilliant initiative. You’ve put hours and hours into developing and refining it. You know it could make a real difference – because it’s based on meticulous research, thorough analysis and innovative thinking.
But there’s a lot that can come between a good project and a great outcome. There’s public perception, community awareness, funding issues and internal approvals, to name a few. If people can see your project clearly – and understand, really understand its potential – they’ll jump at it in a second.
And what’s the best way to make that happen? By grabbing their attention and persuading them with facts. And not just plain facts, but facts that speak persuasively. Facts delivered in the form of engaging content. Facts that people can read, understand, interpret and use easily and quickly. Facts that prove your project can deliver what they need – be it more jobs, less congestion, a boost to the economy or better public transport.
- Clever, easy-to-use apps
- Layered, interactive data explorations and maps
- Portals that provide access to rich data catalogues
- Analytical tools that provide perceptive insights and enable accurate simulations
- Touchscreens that encourage engagement and exploration
- Eye-catching infographics for social media
- Appealing brand design
- and more …
Understanding the government environment
The government environment is like no other. On one hand, it provides more opportunities to make a social impact than perhaps any other workplace. On the other, it requires high levels of sensitivity and the ability to get things done, while respecting rules and regulations.
We’ve been working with government at local, state and federal levels since 2011. Over that time, we’ve gained extensive experience of the environment. We understand its potential and motivations – as well as its challenges and limitations. Small Multiples is a:
- NSW ICT Service Scheme Provider
- NSW Advanced ICT Services Scheme Provider
- Digital Service Professionals Panel Member
- NSW Advertising & Digital Services Scheme Provider
Some of the entities for which we’ve delivered successful projects include:
- Transport for NSW
- NSW Department of Education
- NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
- NSW Department of Industry
- NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- NSW Data Analytics Centre
- Greater Sydney Commission
- Department of Jobs and Small Business
- Infrastructure Australia
- Australian Museum
- Art Gallery of NSW
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Getting where you need to be
Getting new or improved initiatives off the ground can take a long time. We’re here to help you get where you want to be – to provide the missing puzzle pieces, so you can take the next step in your journey.
Some clients come to us early in the game, because they need proof of concept. Others approach us later, when they’re ready to communicate their projects. Our team can help at every stage, including:
- Obtaining approval for initial concepts
- Attracting funding
- Transforming a concept into a watertight project plan
- Developing cutting-edge, future-proof solutions
- Providing support and training
- Winning the support of stakeholders and customers
- Executing a successful public relations strategy
Increasing flexibility and efficiency
Government attracts some of the most talented, highly-skilled professionals around – from scientists and analysts to designers and writers. But getting a dedicated team together to create great data visualisations isn’t always possible internally.
Our data visualisation service can help you save time and money. As an efficient, full-service, end-to-end agency, we bring a multidisciplinary team to every job. Our people include data experts, UX/UI specialists, designers and project managers. And we’re ready to share our knowledge with your people – to help you get data visualisation fundamentals right and raise the bar for everyone.
We’re flexible, agile, multi-skilled, open-minded and, very importantly, friendly. Plus, we have a great track record with government.
To ask questions, book a meeting or launch a project, please get in touch.